We are looking for individuals with excellent communication and leadership skills. We are a growing firm with a variety of exciting projects and excellent potential for personal growth and achievement. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our projects and meeting client’s deadlines. Our smaller size provides a friendly atmosphere, the ability to be involved in many aspects within the company and flexibility in regards to work schedules. SJCA offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision and 401K. SJCA is an equal opportunity employer.
This position has excellent potential for personal achievement including potential for future parternship.
- Management of Roadway projects including coordination with client, prime and sub consultant.
- Design or manage staff for the design of Roadway projects including horizontal alignment, vertical alignment, drainage design, ditch profile, guardrail calculations and super elevation diagrams
- Supervise/Design and prepare plans for small structure projects
- Assist in preparing CAD drawings using GEOPAK, INROADS and MICROSTATION software
- Supervise staff developing construction plans from engineering design calculations.
- Supervise or perform quantity calculations and cost estimate for projects
- Supervise/ Design and prepare erosion control plans
- Supervise/Design and prepare plans for Roundabouts
- Supervise/ Prepare plans for maintenance of traffic of roadway projects
- Attend various meetings such as field check, public information, hearing and pre-construction
- BSCE and PE License with minimum 8 years of experience in roadway design
- Licensed PE in Indiana and/or Ohio
- Experience preparing roadway plans for DOT projects
- Experience with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- A valid driver’s license is required