SJCA Inc. is seeking a full-time Roadway Engineer to join our Indianapolis office.
SJCA is a leading civil engineering firm with offices in Indianapolis, Evansville, Washington, South Bend, and in Columbus, Ohio. We provide professional infrastructure design services to state, municipal, and private sector clients, specializing in transportation design. We are a growing firm with a variety of exciting projects and excellent potential for personal growth and achievement. We take pride in rewarding and supporting our employees, and in treating them with the respect they deserve. SJCA believes in work-life balance and works with employees to achieve a schedule and workload that is appropriate. At SJCA, we value you as a person, support your professional growth and development, and want you to succeed.
The Roadway Engineer position offers excellent growth opportunities to become project manager handling multiple roadway projects.
Job duties include the following:
- Design of Roadway projects including horizontal alignment, vertical alignment, drainage design, ditch profile, guardrail calculations and super elevation diagrams.
- Design and prepare plans for small structure projects.
- Assist in preparing CAD drawings using GEOPAK, and/or OPENROADS DESIGNER and MICROSTATION software.
- Assist in developing construction plans from engineering design calculations.
- Perform quantity calculations and cost estimate for projects.
- Design and prepare erosion control plans.
- Design and prepare plans for Roundabouts.
- Prepare plans for maintenance of traffic of roadway projects.
- Attend various meetings such as field check, public information, hearing and pre-construction.
Requirements for this Position
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
- 2 or more years of experience in roadway design. PE license preferred.
- Experience preparing roadway plans for DOT projects
- Experience with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
Qualified candidates may expect competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package.
- A fun, casual work environment on the north side of Indy
- Free refreshments and snacks
- Flexible work hours
- The option to work remotely at times
- A comprehensive benefit package including choice of two medical plans, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and a Health Savings Account option.
- A 401k retirement savings plan with 3% employer contribution.
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Staff outings and other fun social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid holidays and a generous amount of Paid Time Off.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, Please submit your resume with cover letter as one attachment. Please include your desired salary range in your cover letter.
SJCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.