We are seeking a Roadway PM Engineer for our Indianapolis office.
SJCA is a leading civil engineering firm with offices in Indianapolis, Evansville, Washington, South Bend, and in Columbus, Ohio. We provide professional infrastructure design services to state, municipal, and private sector clients, specializing in transportation design. We are a growing firm with a variety of exciting projects and excellent potential for personal growth and achievement. We take pride in rewarding and supporting our employees, and in treating them with the respect they deserve. SJCA believes in work-life balance and works with employees to achieve a schedule and workload that is appropriate. At SJCA, we value you as a person, support your professional growth and development, and want you to succeed.
The Roadway Project Manager position responsibilities will also include coordinating with other disciplines throughout the plan development process and directing technicians. The PM Engineer will have the opportunity to serve as a Project Manager on roadway projects, and will have the opportunity to advance their career on either a purely technical track or a blend of technical and project management.
Job duties include the following:
- Design of Roadway projects including horizontal alignment, vertical alignment, drainage design, ditch profile, guardrail calculations and super elevation diagrams.
- Management of Roadway projects including Coordination with client, prime, and sub consultant.
- Design analysis and management of staff for the design of roadway projects
- Supervise/Design and prepare plans for small structure projects
- Review or assist in preparing CAD drawings using GEOPAK, INROADS and MICROSTATION software
- Supervise staff developing construction plans from engineering design calculations.
- Supervise or perform quantity calculations and cost estimate for projects
- Supervise/Design and prepare erosion control plans
- Supervise/Design and prepare plans for traffic design, signals, intersection design, lighting and signing design
- Supervise/Prepare plans for maintenance of traffic of roadway projects
- Attend various meetings such as field check, public information, hearing and pre-construction
Requirements for this Position
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
- PE License, licensed in Indiana
- 5-7 years of experience in roadway design.
- Experience preparing roadway plans for DOT projects
- Experience with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Prior project management experience is a plus, but not required.
Qualified candidates may expect competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package.
- A fun, casual work environment
- Free refreshments and snacks
- The option to work remotely at times
- A comprehensive benefit package including choice of two medical plans, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and a Health Savings Account option.
- A 401k retirement savings plan with 3% employer contribution.
- Staff outings and other fun social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid holidays and a generous amount of Paid Time Off.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, Please submit your resume with cover letter as one attachment. Please include your desired salary range in your cover letter.
SJCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.