SJCA Inc. is seeking a full-time Bridge Engineer to join our Indianapolis office.
SJCA is a leading civil engineering firm with offices in Indianapolis, Evansville, Washington, South Bend, and in Columbus, Ohio. We provide professional infrastructure design services to state, municipal, and private sector clients, specializing in transportation design. We are a growing firm with a variety of exciting projects and excellent potential for personal growth and achievement. We take pride in rewarding and supporting our employees, and in treating them with the respect they deserve. SJCA believes in work-life balance and works with employees to achieve a schedule and workload that is appropriate. At SJCA, we value you as a person, support your professional growth and development, and want you to succeed.
The Bridge Engineer position offers excellent growth opportunities to become project manager handling multiple projects.
Job duties include the following:
- Perform bridge and small structure inspections and complete any associated reports and load ratings.
- Perform hand and software supported bridge analysis and design computations.
- Visit project sites locally and throughout the Indiana and other Midwest locations to perform bridge and small structure inspections, verify existing conditions during design, and provide construction support engineering.
- Coordinate with other disciplines within the transportation department including but not limited to survey, roadway, drainage, planning and environmental.
Requirements for this Position
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
- 2 or more years of experience in bridge inspection, bridge design and detailing and related transportation structures/facilities.
- Experience using the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Manual, INDOT Bridge Design Manual.
- Experience with Bridge Inspection Reference Manual and INDOT Bridge Inspection Manual, and BRAGI.
- Experience with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
Additional Desired Skills and Experience
- Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges (FHWA-NHI-130055 or FHWA-NHI-130056)
- Underwater Bridge Inspection (FHWA-NHI-130091)
- ACDI Commercial Diver or Commercial Surface Supply Air Diver
- Professional Engineer license
Qualified candidates may expect competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package.
- A fun, casual work environment on the north side of Indy
- Free refreshments and snacks
- Flexible work hours
- The option to work remotely at times
- A comprehensive benefit package including choice of two medical plans, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and a Health Savings Account option.
- A 401k retirement savings plan with 3% employer contribution.
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Staff outings and other fun social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid holidays and a generous amount of Paid Time Off.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, Please submit your resume with cover letter as one attachment. Please include your desired salary range in your cover letter.
SJCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.