SJCA Inc. is seeking an energetic, team oriented, and experienced Project Manager to support their Environmental Department. Projects include a wide range of federal, state, and commercial clients with many new opportunities and interesting locations.
Who We Are:
SJCA Inc., formerly Stephen J. Christian & Associates, P.C., was founded in 1998 and has grown from a single owner firm specializing in bridge design to a multi-disciplined firm with four owners. We have retained the organizational culture that got us to where we are today. As SJCA continues to grow, we still offer the friendly personal attention of a small firm. With the addition of our team members, SJCA provides the vast resources of a large multidiscipline firm. Throughout our history, SJCA has earned a reputation for the design and management of projects that are of high-quality and delivered on or ahead of schedule. We know that every project is a unique opportunity to meet and exceed our clients’ needs, all while being responsive to regulatory requirements. By helping our clients evaluate and determine their complete project requirements, SJCA is a working partner that contributes to the delivery of a successful project.
We are a growing firm with a variety of exciting projects and excellent potential for personal growth and achievement. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our projects and meeting client’s deadlines. SJCA offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision and 401K. SJCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Where We Are:
SJCA Inc. holds offices in Indianapolis, IN, Evansville, IN and Columbus, OH. This candidate may work remotely, work in either the Indy north or south office, or use flex to come into either office at times that work best for the candidate.
Roles / Responsibilities:
The Project Manager’s main role will be to proactively manage and lead the Environmental Team’s projects. The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Utilize SJCA’s project management software program to manage projects.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of projects as per its contracted scope; monitor progress and performance against the project plan.
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing the project.
- Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the project.
- Coordinating with client, prime and sub consultant.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Schedules and manages for integration of quality management during all phases of a project.
- Collaborates with other technical staff within the organization and delivers solutions that drive business value while also demonstrating compliance with regulations.
- Conducts meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of the projects to project team and client.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects.
- Monitor and review quality standards and practices for work performed.
- Attend various meetings such as field checks, public information meetings and public hearings.
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience (required)
- PMI/PMP (Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional) certification.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience pursuing projects, leading a team, and communicating with clients.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication skills and design skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and recommend or resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Excellent client management skills, marketing, and business development skills in addition to contacts/relationships with power clients.
- Previous experience leading teams, managing staff, contracts and hiring staff for engineering projects.
- Candidate must be an entrepreneurial thinker with a willingness to operate in a dynamic consulting environment.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is expected.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Planning
If you are interested, DIRECTLY EMAIL a cover letter and resume to both of the following names:
Karen Wood, Environmental and Cultural Resources Manager, email@example.com
Erin Mulryan, Director of Environmental Services, firstname.lastname@example.org